One of the best ways to improve in leadership is with a good read. Including a variety of topics in psychology, social science, and character, here are our top 10 leadership book picks.
1. Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol. S. Dweck
Standford University Psychologist Carol Dweck explores the power of our mindset in achieving goals.
2. Compelling People: The Hidden Qualities That Make Us Influential by John Neffinger and Matthew Kohut
In this book, the delicate balance between strength and warmth in leadership is discussed, guiding the reader to a greater understanding of how leaders can manage this equilibrium.
3. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
This classic read provides helpful, practical advice appropriate for beginning and experienced leaders.
4. Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…and Others Don’t by Jim Collins
Discover how companies succeed and flourish in this book that also discusses the leadership qualities that stimulate this growth.
5. Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
Uncover the psychology of achievement and the magic of the new buzzword “grit.”
6. True North: Discover Your Authentic Leadership by Bill George
Learn to use your own strengths and characteristics to create your own genuine leadership style that fits you like a glove.
7. Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry and Jean Greaves
Learn how to incorporate emotional intelligence into your leadership style and why you should.
8. Primal Leadership by Daniel Goleman, Richard Boyatzis, and Annie McKee
This trio of world-renowned researchers coined the term “emotional intelligence.” Discover the evidence behind this important concept.
9. Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges by Amy Cuddy
Amy Cuddy expands upon her famous TED talk by discussing body language. Learn how to access your own personal power and achieve presence.
10. The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
Explore human nature and our tendency to create habits. Then, learn to harness this powerful tool to increase your productivity and happiness.
Author: Lauren McMurray, StratIQ Consulting
We Find Innovative Ways to Help Businesses Grow
Take Our Free Leadership & Coaching Survey