Brand Awareness Defined
Brand awareness is the extent to which your potential customers recognize the existence and availability of your product or service. If you’re new to the market, creating an identifiable brand that stands out against competition is crucial to your success.
The World’s Most Valuable Brands
Think of some of the biggest brands: Apple, Coca-Cola, Google, Nike and Facebook. Whether you’re a customer or not, you can probably identify each of these brands. Why? That’s the power of brand awareness. Each company has done an excellent job at understanding their target market, using emotion to build a unique brand identity, and producing raving fans who are loyal and proud to align with each company.
Does Coco-Cola’s soda taste drastically different than no name soda? Of course not. However, consumers are more likely to purchase Coca-Cola because of its strong and established brand story. Imagine the potential if you could write a similar brand story for your business. Use these tips and tactics to take your brand awareness to the next level.
- Know who you are: What is your mission? What do you want your company to stand for? Once you’ve defined your story, how can you communicate it to your target market?
- Be memorable: If you don’t stand out, you’re going to get lost in a crowded market. Create an impressive design and a catchy slogan. Don’t be afraid to be controversial. Do what you need to do to create a lasting impression.
- Exceed expectations: Be the best of the best in your field or industry. The more value you provide, the more people are going to talk about it.
- Be consistent: From your messaging to your chosen visuals, you need to weave your brand into everything you do. Too much change can cause confusion for consumers.
- Build Community: Everyone wants to feel part of something special, and your customers are no different. One of the best ways to build a community around your brand is through a strong social media presence. Those who are consistently interacting with your brand online are going to be more likely to share your content, recommend your brand, and become repeat customers.
Do you have any recommendations of your own? How have you created a powerful brand? Join the conversation at our upcoming webinar, “Creating Awareness: The Key to Reaching Your Target Audience.”