Resume and Cover Letter Development
Remember the phrase “you never get a second chance to make a first impression?”
For most job applicants, your “first impression” will be made to keyword scanners that provide a gateway to a company’s Human Resources department.
To maximize the effectiveness of your job search the design of your resume and cover letter need to take into consideration more than just format and design.
At a minimum a resume (see samples below) should be:
- Optimized for the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Designed to highlight your relevant job specific skills.
- Quantified for each job specific success.
- Formatted to meet your industry norm.
- Generally, no more than 2 pages in length.
For cover letters we will customize a template(s) that includes the following components:
- Introduce you, the job you are applying for, and the purpose of the letter.
- Highlight 3 quantifiable achievements that utilize a major job specific skill(s).
- Ask for the interview and provide a pathway to next steps.
The interview process offers a unique opportunity for an exchange of information between you and a potential employer.
It is one of the few times available to an applicant for the purposeful negotiation of the key elements that can contribute to overall job performance and employee satisfaction.
During our time together-we will prepare you to both ask and answer the most important questions likely to come up during your interview.
Topics to address:
- Effectively using your resume as a marketing tool before and during the interview.
- How to answer questions about key skills, abilities, and career experiences.
- Developing a 2 minute introduction that tells the interviewer who you are, why they should hire you, and describes your vision.
- Negotiating compensation, benefits, bonus, and savings platforms.
- Questions to ask your interviewer (Download free guide 3 Questions).
- Steps to receive an offer.
If you are interested in working together-please fill in the following form.
Let me know what you need, when you need it, and a good time to connect.
I look forward to speaking with you!