Remember the phrase “you never get a second chance to make a first impression?”
For most job applicants, your “first impression” will be made to keyword scanners that provide a gateway to a company’s Human Resources department.
To maximize the effectiveness of your job search the design of your resume and cover letter need to take into consideration more than just format and design.
At a minimum a resume (see samples below) should be:
- Optimized for the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Designed to highlight your relevant job specific skills.
- Quantified for each job specific success.
- Formatted to meet your industry norm.
- Generally, no more than 2 pages in length.
For cover letters we will customize a template(s) that includes the following components:
- Introduce you, the job you are applying for, and the purpose of the letter.
- Highlight 3 quantifiable achievements that utilize a major job specific skill(s).
- Ask for the interview and provide a pathway to next steps.
If you are interested in working together-please fill in the following form.
Let me know what you need, when you need it, and a good time to connect.
I look forward to speaking with you!